2014 IRFA TRUSTEE TRAINING FOR PROVIDENT AND PENSION FUNDS - Theme: “An Effective Board”
The IRFA will hold its series of ”An Effective Board” Trustee Training in 2014, facilitated by an accredited provider. Learners will be given a NQF level 3 certificate which will enable them to pursue a career on the retirement fund industry. This training will be empowering learners who are Trustee of retirement Funds or who intend standing for election as a Trustee of retirement funds to:
• Understand responsibilities and duties of a Trustee.
• Enable new and prospective Trustee to act responsibly in standing for election or performing their duties as Trustee of their own retirement funds
Who should attend?
• Individuals who want to build a career in the retirement funds industry
• New and prospective trustees
• Principal Officers
• Anyone who wants to refresh his skill as a Trustee
Where and when?
Training will run for two blocks, in May and September, learners are expected to attend both blocks in order to complete the Module and obtain their certificate.
• 12 May 2014 - East London & Cape Town from 08:30 till 15:30
• 13 May 2014 - Durban & Limpopo from 08:30 till 15:30
• 14 May 2014 - North West & Johannesburg from 08:30 till 15:30
• 23 September 2014 - East London & Cape Town from 08:30 till 15:30
• 25 September 2014 - Limpopo & Durban from 08:30 till 15:30
• 26 September 2014 - North West & Johannesburg from 08:30 till 15:30
May 2014 Series
1. Legal Framework Governing the Retirement Fund Industry
2. Role Players in a Retirement Fund
3. Role of Trustee in Managing a Fund
4. Rules of a Specific Fund
September 2014 Series
1. Benefit and Contributions Design
2. Financial Statements of a Retirement Fund
3. Disposition of Death Benefits
4. Retirement Fund Investment
IRFA members: R 1 100
Non – members: R 1 600
|Down Load Application Forms Here|